The Postdoctoral Scholar Travel support program is designed to enable postdocs to attend professional conferences to present their research. This funding opportunity will partially offset the expense associated with registration and travel to present your research at local, national or international conferences. You must be a current USC Postdoctoral Scholar to be eligible for this funding opportunity. This program is intended to assist postdoctoral scholars whose attendance at a professional meeting or conference will enhance their professional development. Preference will be given to Postdocs who are 1) chosen to present their research and 2) funding their own travel. All postdoctoral scholars are eligible to apply but may only receive support once per year. The support offered through this program is $500 per scholar and funding is limited.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year. To apply, please visit our USC SMA application portal and follow all instructions for submission.
- Applicants should be presenting a paper/poster at a scholarly or professional conference.
- Travel grant funds may be used for expenses related to a caregiver for the purpose of providing care for a child.
- Postdocs who are attending conferences virtually are still eligible to apply for support for the cost of registration.
Eligibility: This Postdoctoral Scholar funding opportunity is only open to current postdocs in the following job titles: Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate, Postdoctoral Scholar – Teaching Fellow, Postdoctoral Scholar – Fellowship Trainee, Postdoctoral Scholar – Visiting Fellow. All postdocs are eligible to apply.
Instructions on how to apply
Please use the following link to access the application portal. If you have not done so already, you will need to register an account with USC SMA. You will be able to upload the necessary documentation within the online submission portal. Incomplete applications or applications with missing documentation cannot be considered. Applications will be accepted year-round on a rolling basis.
Application are reviewed on rolling basis. You can login to your application portal to check your status.
Types of Eligible expenses covered by this support opportunity:
- Conference registration costs
- Postdoc member dues (with evidence of attending the conference)
- Costs associated with providing care to a child
- Travel related expenses including:
- airfare hotel/lodging with proof of expense paid by the postdoc
- ground transportation fares/costs
- Poster preparation expenses