USC supports your development and training as a postdoctoral scholar through the following programs:
- Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Research Grants
- Training and Travel Awards
- Tuition Remission Program
- Annual Career Conference
- Responsible Conduct of Research Training
- Postdocs have access to connectSC resources including CareerBeam, Goinglobal, Versatile PhD, Career Access Resource Library (CARL), Candid Career, Biocareers, and more. In addition to being able to attend alumni career events, postdocs also receive four, 50-minute career advising appointments for the academic year. Set up your access by following the instructions here.
- As a sustaining member of the National Postdoc Association (NPA), USC postdoctoral scholars, faculty, and administrators are entitled to a free affiliate NPA membership.
USC Office of Research Seminars and Workshops
Each semester, the Center for Excellence in Research organizes a series of workshops for USC researchers. These courses are designed to provide researchers across all fields of study with specialized skills and knowledge in seeking funding from government, foundation, and corporate organizations as well as a variety of other topics. To receive workshop updates, please register for their mailing list.
Announcements and documents
- Software Distribution Exhibits | rev. May 4, 2018
- USC Stevens Guidance on Software Distribution | May 3, 2018
- USC Intellectual Property Memo | January 8, 2018
Please consult the resources below, or contact your Licensing Associate for more information on technology transfer at USC, and the many pathways through which research can benefit society, inventors/creators and USC research.
USC Tech Transfer Guidance
- USC Intellectual Property Policy
- Intellectual Property Guidance for Students
- Software Distribution
- Data Management and Sharing
- Release of Patent Rights to Inventors
- USC Stevens Center Startup Investment Program
- USC Stevens Center Technology Advancement Grants
Obligations Under USC Policies and Federal Regulations
- Disclosure Obligations
- Obligations Under Federally Funded Research
- USC Conflict of Interest in Research Policy
Webpages with Additional Information
- Stevens Center for Innovation: intellectual property protection, licensing, commercialization
- Success Stories: technology transfer success stories from the Stevens Center
- Innovation resources for students and faculty: listing of major programs and resources
- Incubate.usc: events, activities and innovation organizations at USC
- Featured Innovations at USC: highlighted innovations, including those that were commercialized and those that were offered for free.
- Search Postdoctoral Job Opportunites at USC
- USC Bio Careers® is a career service platform dedicated to expanding professional options for life science PhDs and MDs. The service provides USC postdocs with online career resources and access to job postings and employer recruitment services. Register now.
- Pathways to Science Job Board