10:00 am – 10:45 am
- An interactive workshop providing a series of movements and stretches to reduce risk of repetitive stress injuries (e.g. from long hours of sitting and computer usage) and reduce tension in the body; incorporates movements from yoga and ergonomic exercises. This workshop will be at UPC.
- Location: UPC, ESH 101 (Engemann Student Health Center Trojan Conference Room, first floor)
- Wellness Advocates facilitating this workshop: Kim Lipkinski and Yervan Hadjian
Noon – 2:00 pm
USC Center for Excellence in Research Special Workshop: How to fund Your Research: Tips and Opportunities at NSF (Law and Social Sciences)
- Special guest speaker, Jon Gould, Program Officer, of Law and Social Sciences Program will provide presentation on the overview of the funding process at NSF and the various programs available. There will be plenty of tips for successful proposal writing with a special emphasis on mistakes to avoid.
- Location: UPC, Law School Building
- RSVP: email@example.com
Special Outdoor Screening of Back to the Future II at the historic Gamble House in Pasadena
- Gates open at 6:00 pm. 7:30 pm screening
- Celebrate your week with this Cinespia style screening under the stars! Bring your labmates, friends, family, colleagues, beach chair, cheese platter, wine, and blankets. We’ll take care of the popcorn. The Gamble House will also be open prior to the screening.
- Fun notes: The Gamble House is Doc Brown’s house in the movie. The garage on the property is where he worked on the Delorean time machine. 2015 is the year Doc and Marty visit in Back to the Future II, they arrive on October 21, 2015. It’s also the 30th anniversary of the film.
- Location: 4 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, CA 91103