Deadlines for Institutionally Limited External Competitions
These are competitions for awards by outside agencies for which USC can nominate a limited number of candidates. Applications for any of the awards must go through an internal review process and receive approval from the USC administration prior to submission to the sponsoring agency. Moreover, internal USC application deadlines are typically at least one to two months in advance of the sponsoring agency’s own deadlines, given the time required for the internal review process.
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for updates and other announcements.
AAAS FREE Webinar: Transitioning to a Non-Academic Career
Tuesday, 6/20/17 | 9 am | REGISTER HERE
This workshop explores the skills and best practices for transitioning from an academic environment to one of many non-academic career paths. It introduces strategies for career planning, emphasizing an ongoing process for professional development throughout your career.
- Being strategic in your career planning
- What skills you need for non-academic jobs and how to acquire these skills while still in the lab
- Networking as a part of life
- Crafting your “elevator pitch”
- How to create a master resume (inclusive of all your skills)
- Creating position-specific resumes
Plan B: Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
You might have just finished submitting your cycle II NIH grant and think, I need a plan B if I don’t get this grant/fellowship.
Have you thought about becoming a Medical Science Liaison (MSL), and talk science for a living? We have several MSLs vacancies available in the mental disorder/psychiatry/neuroscience field for you.
Interested? Click here to apply.
Are you not so sure yet what an MSL is or does or if you match the job description? Join our free MSL webinar by registering here and learn more about it. Leave your email address if you can’t attend but would like to receive a link to the recording afterwards
Of note, we have just finished the first ever FULLY FREE global MSL salary survey and if you are interested in your growth potential when you decide to switch to become an MSL after your PhD/postdoc, then have a sneak peak here.
Martijn Bijker, Ph.D.
Founder of “from SCIENCE to PHARMA”
The number 1 MSL training and recruitement company
Insight Fellows Programs: Application Deadline June 26th
900+ Insight Fellows are now data scientists and data engineers at Facebook, Tesla, The New York Times, Apple, Amazon, Wayfair, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Netflix, Slack, Merck, Biogen, 23andMe, Twitter, Bloomberg, Viacom, Blue Apron, NBC, and 200+ other top companies.
Starting September 5th (deadline June 26th):
Data Science in Boston, New York, Silicon Valley and remote
Health Data Science in Boston and Silicon Valley
Data Engineering in New York and Silicon Valley
Artificial Intelligence in Silicon Valley
Apply Today for the Young Investigator Scholarship
Presented by the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation
This annual Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) conference brings together academic and industry scientists intent on accelerating the development of innovative treatments for Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. The ADDF’s funded investigators and top level scientists in the field present on their current research progress and stimulate discussion. The conference offers ample opportunities for collaboration and partnering and ten Young Investigator Scholarships will be awarded. The conference will take place on September 12-13, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City, NJ.
EACH SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDES
- Top 3 scholars will have the opportunity to have a 10-minute oral presentation
- All scholars will receive a single conference registration
- All scholars will receive an opportunity to present a research poster
- All scholars will have name recognition in the program and website
- All scholars will have an opportunity to record a poster presentation to be published electronically (see examples here)
Postdoctoral applicants should have no more than four years of postdoctoral training. The program has no geographic restrictions. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The applicant is required to submit an abstract of his/her research
- The applicant is required to present the corresponding poster at the meeting
- Accepted abstracts will be published as part of the conference book or the website
Deadline for the application is July 14, 2017.